Momentum Magazine Cover Girl!

Momentum Magazine Cover Girl!
Life is Good!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Gold Heels On Wheels

What a fun Sunday afternoon! I volunteered to help with registration for the 15th Annual Dress To Impress Gala put on by the nonprofit Close The Deal.  They provide business attire for low income people looking for jobs.  This was my first interaction with the organization and I have to say I was impressed. They had 231 registered guests!  Lots of vendors who were donating a portion of their sales and productive volunteers.  

The gala was held at the Hilton downtown, which is close to me, so I decided to ride my bike instead of paying $9 for parking.  It may be about 3 miles from my house, if that.  So I put on my strapless black cocktail dress and gold stillettos and rolled out to the gala on my bike.  Since this was my first time riding in heels, I packed my cycling shoes in my backpack just in case they didn't work out. LOL!  Well they worked out, even with my lollipop cycling pedals!  I had a ball being all dolled up and riding my bike to a fancy gala!  Now I just need to get an about town bike which will probably be a beach cruiser with a hot paint job and a bell.

I got excited and inspired last week when I read an article in the New York Times about women riding all over town on their bikes, even to fancy affairs.  So why not bring that type of green thinking to the LBC?  Well, it's already here as of today! LOL!

Enjoy the journey!

1 comment: