Momentum Magazine Cover Girl!

Momentum Magazine Cover Girl!
Life is Good!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

My 1st Long Beach Marathon Bike Tour!

The LBC!  I love my city!  Today I rode in my 1st Long Beach Marathon and it was fun!  I can't wait to hear the final count of participants.  They were expecting 25,000 runners and 3,000 cyclists.  They want to get the cyclists number up to 10,000 next year and I believe it will happen.

The bike tour route took me to places I hadn't experienced before in the city, which is good because I can incorporate them into my bike tours.  I was 15 minutes late to the starting line because I couldn't find the bike lock that I've only used once, and of course it was right next to my bike right.  Then I had to check my backpack because I was going to volunteer at the 3 mile water station after my ride and I needed dry clothes to change into.  Any hoots, I made it, but was behind all of the recreational riders which can be slow and dangerous.  I found a little middle-aged man who was rollin' and stayed behind him for a while.  I liked his maneuvering skills.  So he got me moving along through the pack.  Then I lost him and was rollin' on my own.  But I found another guy who was really rollin'!  I was hustling to keep up, but he got me through another group of cyclists.  Then he took off and I couldn't keep up and I'm glad I couldn't.  The next turn we made he ate it!  I would have been right behind him and probably would've fell over him or fell trying to avoid him.  His fall looked pretty bad, but he seemed to fall in control, if that makes sense.  I, on the other hand probably, would've wiped out several people in the process of going down!  Lol!  Thank God I couldn't hang with him.  He was able to recover quickly which leads me to believe he didn't get hurt to bad.  I hope he's ok.

After the tour I changed clothes and went to see how I could get back to the 3 mile water station. They were starting the 5K run, and the marathon runners were still on the route.  I couldn't get through to volunteer and I felt bad about that :-(  So, instead I watch the runners for a bit and headed out to get some crepes with strawberries on the way home.  We've had an overcast and light sprinkles all weekend, but I enjoyed my breakfast on the patio anyway.  It was delicious too!  Now since I've been up since 5:00am and I didn't get a good nights rest, I'm about to take a nap. Lol!

Enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment