Momentum Magazine Cover Girl!

Momentum Magazine Cover Girl!
Life is Good!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

City Life!




I had a wonderful day! Partly because I worked from home (yay!), since Besty (my car) needed servicing, and the shop had to keep her all day. :-( She should be better now, I just need to pick her up. I dislike having to maintain my car, and this is just one more reason why I need a good, handy, helpful husband. :-) The main reason why my day was wonderful was because I got to go out for a bike ride at lunch! Now how cool is that on a work day? Especially on a beautiful, warm, sunny California day. Just lovely! This is what I'm talking about, the way of life I'm looking forward to transitioning into and enjoying on a daily basis. I'm ready to work in my city, near my home, where I can ride my bike to work, shopping, eating out, and playing. I already do 2 of the 4, now I'm ready to transform completely into a real green, sustainable lifestyle. I'm praying this will happen before 2010 ends and it's looking very possible with each passing day.

I went out for a ride for lunch to do some networking with the local resturants and attractions. I made it to about 6 restuarants and the Aquarium. I'll be getting 10-20% discounts at some of the restaurants, which is cool! Yay! And for some others I need to provide a letter about my company and the benefit for them partnering with me, and I guess they have to approve it. I need to follow up with the Aquarium because the Sales person wasn't available. I'll continue making my rounds of networking with the local businesses over the next couple weeks and anticipate having a hefty list of partners for my tours. Hopefully the more stronger relationships I build, I'll be able to get bigger discounts and some free services.

It felt soooo good being out and about in the afternoon in Long Beach! It was so beautiful, sunny, warm and the beach was just cool to ride along! I went home excited to finish up my work day so I could get back on my bike and enjoy some more of my day and the sunshine. I'd planned to do some more networking, but I just ended up riding to a print shop to inquire about printing t-shirt samples, and then headed to Belmont Shore to help out with the Biggest Losers weigh-ins. So far they have $46,000 in the prize pool and there is still 3 more weeks to go in the 12 week contest! Last year the prize was $5o,000, so it's looking like they may surpass that this year. Afterwards, I rolled back home with a smile on my face and a warm, joyful feeling in my spirit that I intend to hold on to. This is living and I plan to enjoy it all!

Enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment