Momentum Magazine Cover Girl!

Momentum Magazine Cover Girl!
Life is Good!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 4 - San Luis Obispo to Lompoc - 58 Miles

Today we're riding from San Luis Obispo to Lompoc and I'm looking forward to the days ride. I want to sleep in and even though this is our second short day, I have to get up, get dressed, find food, and be ready to roll by 9:00 am. I woke up around 6:45am, but have been in and out of sleep for the past hour. I guess I'll get up now and stretch.

We rode to Pismo Beach and had breakfast at the Seaside Cafe and Bakery. It's a cute little restaurant, with an nice ambiance and good food. We had our first flat of the trip and a broken derailleur. The flat was an easy fix, but we were concerned about the broken derailleur. Renee made it the to a bike shop at the end of the ride and the shop owner didn't have one to fit her bike so he called one of his buddies who happened to be moving his daughter's furniture. The buddy had a used one and quickly brought it to the shop to be installed on Renee's bike. That was definitely a blessing being that it was at the end of the day and it was delivered and installed immediately!

I met two ladies from Holland staying at our hotel. Liesbeth and Elizabeth are 5 1/2 weeks into a 6 weeks bike tour from Vancouver to San Diego! They are camping out and carrying some serious touring bags on their bikes. They are rollin' for real! We exchanged emails and hopefully I'll get to hear all about their tour when it's over and share mine with them.

Eric and I ended up having dinner at Mi Amore's restaurant and their veggie lasagna was delicious! We headed to the hotel me to blog and chill and him to hang out with his crew.


Enjoy the journey!






No comments:

Post a Comment